What is a .ng domain name?
.NG is the country code (ccTLD) extension for Nigeria. It is the identity in which Nigerian businesses identify online, it also happens to be a suffix for a lot of English words like banki.ng, traveli.ng, etc for the generic domain registration around the world.
The 1st level extension (.ng) is open to the world except for geolocation names while some 2nd level extensions such as .net.ng, .edu.ng, and .gov.ng require approval from the registry.
Requirements for restricted .ng domains?
Restricted .ng domain names require the following documents and may take 3 - 7 Working days for your domain name to approved by the Nigeria Internet Registration Association (NIRA) and other regulatory bodies like the Nigeria Information and Technology Development Agency (NITDA)
- Written letter addressed to Nigeria Internet Registration Association (NIRA)
- Provide technical contact
- Provide administrative contact
- State the purpose of the domain name
- State the registrar for registration
Duration for register .ng domain names.
The maximum duration for registering .ng domain names is: 1 - 5 years
The minimum character requirement is: 3
The minimum contact information is: 1
How to transfer .ng domain names
To transfer a .ng domain name between one registrar to another, you need the following:
- Authorization Key (EPP Code / Auth Key)
- The domain name must be unlocked (disable transferProhibited status)
- The domain name must be in an active status not expired or pending deletion